Do you wonder if God has forgotten you …
Does He feel absent in your pain and suffering?
If you are walking through a trial right now and you are struggling to hold onto your faith, you are in the right place. The devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy but God is on the throne!
- That circumstance that has robbed you of your joy …
- That situation that has left you feeling fearful and alone …
- Those negative thoughts that plague you day and night …
Everything is going to be all right because God has given you the victory!
Wondering how I know that? Because I have been there and I’m still standing strong.
I hear from women every day that are struggling in their walk with God. They long for a closer and deeper relationship with Him but life seems to get in the way. Sometimes it’s one crisis after another and sometimes it’s just everyday life (parenting, homemaking, working, etc.)
Whatever you are facing today you are not alone! I’ve been where you are and I can show you a better way:
- I believe that you can grow spiritually during a trial.
- I believe that the closer to God you are, the more peace and joy you will have.
- I believe that God will fight every battle in your life if you just learn to give it to Him and leave it there.
- I believe that you can have an abundant life full of dreams, hope, and purpose.
If you’ve landed here on this blog I want you to know this: You can grow spiritually in every season of life. You just need to find God in the pain or struggle. He will see you through if you just keep your eyes on Him!
God is there with you in the storm!
How I went from terrified and lost to courageous and fearless
Hi! I’m LaToya and I help Christian women build bold & courageous faith so they can walk fearlessly through hard times knowing God is with them.
As a young girl, I loved going to church and I loved learning about God. But I experienced the pain of legalism and spiritual abuse in my teens that drove me away from the church and eventually God. I eventually found my way back to my faith and God but still struggled with church. I went because I knew I needed the community and as a mom I wanted my boys to love church the way I did. But it just didn’t feel 100% safe.
Unfortunately, I experienced the same legalism and abuse that hurt me so badly in my teens. Especially when my marriage ended in divorce. I felt lost, confused, and abandoned as I tried to find a church home where I felt safe.
At one church I met a guy that seemed to be the perfect Christian guy. Everyone at the church praised him and told me to give it a go. I did, got pregnant, we married and I quickly found myself in an abusive situation and another abusive church. I was terrified, ashamed, and I felt all alone. I was sure that I’d messed up beyond saving and that God was done with me.
Eventually, I got it together and realized that I needed to get myself and my boys safe. I started the slow and painful process of learning to heal. I separated myself from my husband (and eventually divorced). I left the abusive church. But my work was just beginning.
I had to learn how to fight back against all the attacks from the enemy that had been coming at me for years. I had to conquer my fear once and for all. I had to learn to truly trust God. I dug into the Bible for the first time in my life all on my own. Despite two Bachelor degrees and a Law degree, I felt like the Bible was too hard to understand without someone else telling me what scripture meant.
I learned how to study and dig deep and how to apply all that I was learning about to my life. I wanted to be sure that nobody could ever twist God’s word and use scripture against me again.
I also embraced my inner prayer warrior. I learned how to talk to God and hear His voice for myself. I had to unlearn all the lies about God and myself that I’d been believing since I was a teenager. I got to know God, the real God. Not the cheap version of God that other people had tried to convince me to believe in.
As I got to know Him, He showed me who I really was – who He created me to be. Loved, cherished, valued, and cared for. And yes, we found a safe and wonderful church home.
Now I teach Christian women the same thing. I show you how to build a strong faith by helping you learn how to study God’s word on your own, and pray with confidence so you can get to know God for yourself. My experiences were really hard but they really showed me that I have a heart to encourage other women walking through hard times. Because let’s face it – sometimes life just sucks! But God is always there with you, fighting for you.
That’s why Women Finding God was created. It’s why I became a Christian Life Coach. To help women just like you grow strong faith so they can overcome past hurts, conquer those negative thinking patterns and walk bold and courageously through anything that life throws at you.
I offer prayer journals, courses, and Christian Life Coaching to help you on your journey. I am a Certified Professional Coach through the Life Breakthrough Academy. I am currently pursuing International Coaching Federation (ICF) Associate Certified Coach (ACC) certification through the Professional Christian Coaching Institute (PCCI).
Places I’ve been featured:
- Club31Women: Contributing Writer
- Homekeepers w/ Arthelene Rippy [ Episode aired on January 18, 2022 ]
- Equipping Godly Women: Guest Blogger and Equipping Godly Women Conference 2021
- Praying Christian Women Online Prayer Conference 2021
- Bible Study Summit Winter 2022
- Known Women’s Conference 2021
- Friends of a Feather Podcast [ Episode 195 ]
- She Walks in Truth Podcast [ Episode 63 ]
- Feathers in Flight Podcast [ Season 2 Episode 4 ]
- Purpose Driven Mom Podcast [ Episode 54 ]
What I believe
There’s not enough room here on a page on the internet for me to list out every single thing that I believe as a Christ follower. While I do not subscribe to any particular denomination (I was raised COGIC and have attended non-denominational and Baptist churches) I do understand that it is important to have a basic understanding of what someone holds to. Basically, if the Bible says it –I believe it.
- The Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit and is the infallible written word of God.
- There is One God – eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ’s deity, virgin birth, sinless humanity, substitutionary death, atoning blood, bodily resurrection, and ascension to heaven
- The sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy and separated life in the present world.
- Christ’s personal return to establish His Kingdom on earth
Imagine how it would be to live a life full of peace, hope, and joy!
Being secure in your identity in Christ
No longer being controlled by your emotions because you can take every thought captive
Deepening your relationship with God through consistent time in prayer and Bible study
Knowing how to pray your way through any situation or circumstance
Moving past rejection and church hurt to dream and live a life you enjoy